Friday, November 12, 2010

Kid's Craft Corner: A New Weekly Article!

Introducing Kid's Craft Corner on Peach Deals! I know that this is not a way to save money, but I love to do crafts with kids. I am a preschool teacher and so my entire day is spent doing them! I think that sitting down with your children to use your hands and create something together is very important to them! They will remember the time and laughs spent together. So, every week (probably Fridays so that you have the weekend to do this together) I am going to post a craft that you can do with your children. I will try to keep with the theme of saving money by posting crafts that will not cost a lot of money; crafts that make use of materials that you have in your home.

The craft for this week is a Turkey Headband! My preschoolers are making this next week for our Thanksgiving Feast and I laugh out loud every time I see it! I got the idea from Family Fun.


Materials needed:
  • 2 brown lunch bags
  • 1 piece of brown construction paper or poster board but to fit your child's head
  • 1 piece of white construction paper or 2 white napkins
  • Tape or 2 rubberbands
  • Scrap paper
  • Stapler
How to make it:
  • Fill each bag with scrap paper to make the bag look full and round on the bottom
  • Cut your white piece of construction paper in half (one half for each bag) and crumple to look like a bone. Make sure there is enough on the end to stick some down in the lunch bag. Do this for both lunch bags.
  • Tape or use rubber band to cinch the top and secure. The picture above shows tape, but I used a rubber band. It made the turkey leg more secure, but tape will work if you don't have any rubber bands.
  • Staple your turkey legs to each side of the headband strip and then staple your head band to fit your child.
  • Ta-da! You are finished! Easy as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment