The craft for this week is a Turkey Headband! My preschoolers are making this next week for our Thanksgiving Feast and I laugh out loud every time I see it! I got the idea from Family Fun.
- 2 brown lunch bags
- 1 piece of brown construction paper or poster board but to fit your child's head
- 1 piece of white construction paper or 2 white napkins
- Tape or 2 rubberbands
- Scrap paper
How to make it:
- Fill each bag with scrap paper to make the bag look full and round on the bottom
- Cut your white piece of construction paper in half (one half for each bag) and crumple to look like a bone. Make sure there is enough on the end to stick some down in the lunch bag. Do this for both lunch bags.
- Tape or use rubber band to cinch the top and secure. The picture above shows tape, but I used a rubber band. It made the turkey leg more secure, but tape will work if you don't have any rubber bands.
- Staple your turkey legs to each side of the headband strip and then staple your head band to fit your child.
- Ta-da! You are finished! Easy as that!